Are you passionate about creating amazing quality beer, engaging with your community and working as part of a dynamic, passionate, innovative team?
White Sails Brewing is looking for an experienced, dynamic Head Brewer to lead our Brew Crew and to continue our tradition of crafting delicious brews for our community of craft beer lovers; an individual with strong brewing, leadership and planning skills who will lead their team while innovating and creating in an established, well equipped and award-winning atmosphere.
Roles and Responsibilities
Our Head Brewer will work closely with, and be supported by, our General Manager in the general operations of the Brewery and production planning.
We are looking for our Head Brewer to:
- … brew absolutely delicious beer
- Oversee and run all elements of the brewing process: brewing, cleaning, transferring, cellaring, packaging and research and development
- Lead a small, tight-knit Brew Crew while scheduling production, managing workflow, planning and forecasting brew schedule
- Manage inventories, maintain traceability protocols, maintain brew sheets, paperwork, maintenance logs and other general administrative duties
- Ensure quality control, monitor and log packaging activities and evaluate on a consistent basis
- Work in alignment with our General Manager on product costing, purchasing and ordering, and capital investment
- Participate in and develop long term planning and forecasting promoting Brewery growth
- Represent White Sails Brewing at events, conferences and festivals
- Contribute to the continued growth and evolution of the White Sails brand
- Significant brewing experience
- Previous Brew Team management
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Experiencing operating and maintaining canning (Cask) and bottling lines
- Barrel experience and management an asset
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Adaptability and innovation
- Critical thinking
- Technically inclined
- Warehousing, forklift and pallet jack experience
About White Sails Brewing
White Sails Brewing is an award-winning, locally owned and operated Brewery and Taproom in Nanaimo, B.C. We pride ourselves on producing quality, cleanly executed beer for our passionate local community. In our six years of operations, we have positioned ourselves as a premier Island brand winning numerous awards for our beer, our business and our team.
Our management team operates under the core tenets of communication, respect, transparency, inclusivity and collaboration. We employ a diverse team in all areas of our organization, working together to move our business forward.
Our team members appreciate the work-life balance at the Brewery, competitive compensation and benefit plans, a collaborative work environment, the beauty and affordability of Nanaimo and the dedication to continued growth and evolution that is at the core of White Sails’ model.
Diversity & Inclusion
White Sails Brewing is dedicated to creating and maintaining an inclusive, safe and respectful environment in both our team and our Taproom. White Sails Brewing is an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applicants from the BIPOC and LGBTQ+ communities.
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org